i went through my documents folder on my computer today to clean things up–you know how messy those folders can get. As i scrolled through, i found a file called “things i want or need.doc.” Maximus recently asked me for a Christmas list, something i dread making, and i thought, hey, a Christmas list! i opened it and wow, what did i find…
i don’t remember making this list, but it was from two and a half years ago, right after i got divorced. i think it was a premonition…
because it’s Maximus.
- Bring me soup when I’m sick
- Always tell me goodnight when I’m at work
- Flowers or something that shows they were thinking of me
- Clean up after themselves and even me sometimes
- Hold my hand
- Be my biggest fan
- Like their family, including their parents and siblings
- No secrets, don’t lock their computer or hide their texts
- I am not raising their children. They need to be grown up
- Excellent credit, clean background check
- Communicate for conflict resolution. No verbal hostage holding
- Hold me if I cry
- Play cards, watch movies, run, cycle, do things together
There’s nothing on that list that is not Him. Well, i’ve not been sick, but i know He would bring me soup if i ever were…He is doting and makes sure i’m well taken care of all the time.
Perhaps i was carrying this list in my heart…or perhaps He was carrying it for me in His.